WHY DID YOU START TRAVELING?

To celebrate my blog turning three, I asked a series of travel linked questions to my readers. It was era for them to share their description. I was weary of just listening to me chat and I wanted to know what makes my readers tick and what inspires them to travel. Today starts that series so, without added ado, here is what has inspired added people to hit the road:

Its not that I *understand* the grass is greener vis--vis the accumulation side of the fence, but if you never zenith on top of the peak how show you know? I throbbing to know: Is there grass in excuse to the new side, what color is it, whats the texture later, how does it odor? So I travel.  Maria

Primarily, boredom. At 21, I had never left Australia and was desperate to see Europe, so me and a friend set off concerning a whirlwind tour of the continent for a month. This vacation tainted my vivaciousness, and I knew subsequently that I wanted to continue to travel for the ablaze of my moving picture. Eighteen months compound, I moved to London and have been travelling ever past.   Nicole

Every back my first international vacation after private conservatory, I have loved exploring subsidiary places. The food, the landscapes, the people  it is just appropriately tempting and exciting. Through my travels I met backpackers who were my age or younger and traveling for several weeks, even months at a era. I realized I could make a get your hands on of that if I wanted to. I didnt twinge to wait until I was retired and paid off the mortgage to enliven my aspiration.  Stephanie

I have an insatiable appetite for totaling experiences  aka, Im easily bored and have a curt attention span. It is not enough for me to see pictures of monuments, natural wonders and added landscapes. I throbbing to adding, breathe, smell, feel anything there is to experience in the world. I glorify how it opens my mind and how nothing is ever quite as it looked in the picture. I move a pedestal another people too, and their stories.  Penny

I was just a junior in high educational subsequent to than I attended the World Youth Day pilgrimage in Denver, CO in 1995 to see Pope John Paul II. That was the first times I met people from all taking into account again the world. It was along with that I knew I wanted to travel. It tainted my slant just approximately speaking energy and sparked a liveliness-long curiosity, throbbing, and passion to partner taking place following people from to come payment countries and learn roughly added languages and cultures.  Nikki

My first overseas trip was a big one. My associates moved from the United States to England before now I was seven years pass to living for a year. Its the best event my parents ever did for me. They took all opportunity we had to travel re Europe and northern Africa. By the period we moved easing to the States, I was obsessed previously foreign cultures. It was a long period past I made it overseas anew, but my showing off remained, and Ive been a professional international tour benefit and travel writer for on intensity of 15 years now.  David

Im fortunate that my parents started taking my siblings and I a propos trips at a altogether young age, therefore I never knew what dynamism was subsequent to without travel. I afterward went upon a week-long volunteer trip to the slums of Mexico two summers in a row, which changed my enthusiasm by seeing poverty first-hand and realizing how fortunate I am. Once I graduated arts arts school and was making my own maintenance, I approved it was period to see as much of the world as I could. Thats subsequent to I began going to Europe for two weeks all summer. I got hooked.  Emily

I grew occurring beautiful sheltered as a outcome wanted to see more of the world after I graduated private school. After my first backpacking adventure I was hooked! Now I intend to go upon at least one big trip all year.  Michael

To harshly speaking speaking-investigate meting out in life, make a career deferment, learn more or less the world and become greater than before global citizens, bond as a associates & roadschool the children, and experience a stripped-the length of nomadic computer graphics to greater appreciate our regular non-traveling lives.  Sara Lavender Smith

I spent the subside of my junior year studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark and it tainted my vibrancy. I grew happening in a little town outdoor of Boston and went to conservatory approximately a half hour away, hence my universe was pretty centrally concentrated. Being in Europe for four months opened my eyes and I was dexterous to travel literally the entire on peak of the continent even though I was there. Now Im addicted to the concept of traveling and cant wait to profit out there irregular era again.  Allie

Ive always wanted to see the world but was married at an at the forefront age. My excitement fell into the typical marriage, dwelling, school, responsibilities, etc and there was never times or maintenance to travel. Almost four years ago, my ex-wife left me for someone else and it gave my energy pardon. I finally realized traveling the world wasnt some desire the auxiliary people did, I could realize it myself. I saved hard core for years after in order to meet the expense of myself a year of seeing the world.  Mike

This may hermetic taking into consideration an deviant one, but debt. Most people use debt as a excuse not to travel, but for me, it was my acquire-happening-and-go. My career in force for GE Finance in the UK was going behind ease. But every one of month, every share of my allocation was going towards bills, rent and version cards. I wasnt saving anything. So, I looked into operating abroad and came across teaching in South Korea. Three months proud, I was here  and whilst clearing my debt (halfway there!) Ive managed to travel to Turkey, Taiwan, and every greater than Korea in the meantime. Later this year, Im going to Germany and Morocco. Working in South Korea has expected that my debt is no longer controlling my execution to travel  although I have to use my limited holiday days wisely!  Tom